In this publication, School-Holidays.Info will tell you about the school holidays in Turkey 2022. You will find out the start and end dates of spring and autumn semester breaks, winter and summer holidays in Turkish schoolchildren. You will also find out on which holidays there are no classes in schools in Turkey.
What will be the school holidays in Turkey 2022?
In Turkey, the academic year is divided into two semesters. The first one starts in September and ends in January. The second semester runs from February to June. There is one break per semester. There may also be additional bank holidays if they do not fall on holidays. In total, there are four mandatory weekend periods for Turkish students:
- 1st semester break;
- The winter vacation;
- 2nd semester break;
- Summer vacation.
The dates for the start and end of holidays in Turkish schools in 2021-2022 are approved by a letter from the General Directorate of Secondary Education dated 07/06/2021 under the number E.27855223. Turkish Minister of National Education Ziya Selçuk approves the schedule for the next academic year in June-July 2022.
Vacation schedule in Turkey in 2022
Below are the officially approved start and end dates for vacations and breaks in Turkish schools. All rest periods begin on Monday and end on Friday. At the same time, 2 days off are added to them at the beginning and at the end. How it works:
Summer vacation in Turkey 2022 officially starts on 06/22/2022 and ends on 08/09/2022. In fact, schoolchildren have a rest from June 20 to August 11 inclusive. This rule applies to all holidays in Turkish schools.
School holidays in Turkey 2022:
- Winter holidays : from January 24 to February 4, 2022 inclusive.
- Spring break (second semester break of 2021-22 academic year): from April 11 to April 15, 2022 inclusive.
- Summer holidays : from June 20 to August 11, 2022 inclusive.
- Autumn holidays (the first semester break of the 2022-2023 academic year): from November 14 to November 18, 2022 inclusive.
Turkish school holidays calendar 2022
Holidays when students do not study
Apart from regular holidays, Turkish schoolchildren do not study on some religious and national holidays. In 2022, these include:
- April 23: National Sovereignty Day, Children’s Day (falls on Saturday).
- Eid al-Fitr falls on May 2, 3, 4, 5, 2022 (school day off).
- May 19: Ataturk Day, Youth and Sports Day (students take part in school ceremonies).
- October 29: Republic Day (falls on Saturday).
In this publication, we told you when the winter and summer holidays in Turkey begin and end for schoolchildren in 2022. We have provided a calendar that you can download or print. If the information was useful to you – share the publication with your friends!